CDM 2015 now covers both Commercial and Domestic projects and we can advise your requirements and responsibilities as a client under these regulations.
The construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015 introduced in April 2015 apply to almost every construction operation, and affect Health & Safety aspects of the design of the building and any temporary works required for its construction and systems for maintaining the building and replacement installations.
We would establish if your project requirements would be a notifiable project (to HSE) and thus require an appointment by you for a Principal Designer. We can provide this service either alongside a project where the practice is engaged as architect, or as a standalone project.
The role of the Principal generally covers the following:
- Advise and assist the client with his/her duties under the CDM Regulation
- Co-ordinate Health & Safety aspects of design work and co-operate with others involved with the project
- Facilitate good communication between client, designers and contractors
- Liaise with principal contractor regarding ongoing design
- Identify, collect and pass on construction information
- Prepare/update Health & Safety file